06 November 2009

So young, yet so....

So yesterday I Maddie decides to wear the fuzzy flourescent green hooded vest Nana brought up for her. The front looks like something out of Sesame Street.

We walk into her preschool class the the first thing, a bunch of kids all exclaim "your shirt looks so soft, I just want to touch it!" and swarm towards her. At which point she runs for cover behind me and mumbles something.

I take her aside and ask her what she stated and this is what I got...

"Moommm, I don't want them touching my shirt, I got my flu vaccine, but did they? They probably have flu buggies!"

I did not know what to say? She is 4 for goodness sake! I had to inform her that she would not get flu buggies from the other children if they touched her shirt.. just to make sure that she washes her hands a lot, especially before eating snack, etc...

Man, by DD already is a germaphobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment